Boston Workers Compensation Attorney in Massachusetts
Experienced Boston workers comp law firm recovering benefits for your on-the-job injuries
While it is true that by collecting workers comp benefits you cannot sue your employer for additional compensation, there may be cases where your work injury was caused by a third party. You may be entitled to bring a legal claim against responsible third party in addition to your workers compensation benefits. Here are some common examples of injured workers entitled to workers compensation and having a third party claims:
- A construction site accident where a worker, laborer, carpenter, sub contractor, contractor or bystander is injured due to the negligence of another sub contractor, contractor or person unrelated to his employer
- An automobile, truck or pedestrian accident where an employee (operator, passenger or pedestrian) is injured due to the negligence of a third party
- A premises liability accident (unsafe premises including slips and falls) where an injured employee slips, trips falls or is otherwise injured on the unsafe premises of another due injured due to the negligence of the property owner or manager including an employee bitten or injured by another's dog
- An injured employee who sustains a fatal injury on the job resulting in a wrongful death case against the responsible third party
- An employee injured on the job by defective equipment or products which may have caused or contributed to the employee's injury may have a third party case against the manufacturer
Common questions about your workers compensation benefits
- How much will I receive on workers compensation?
- Will all my medical bills and medicines be covered?
- Can my employer fire me when I am out of work on workers compensation?
- How long will I receive workers compensation benefits?
- Can my workers compensation benefits be stopped?
- Do I have to return to a light duty or a modified job offered by my employer?
- Am I entitled to compensation for loss of function or scarring?
- What are my rights for vocational retraining?
- Do I have to treat with the insurer’s doctor or can I treat with a physician of my choice?
Long-term financial relief through Social Security
For those whose injuries prevent them from returning to work for an extended period of time or permanently, the Law Firm of Jonathan D. Light, P.C. may be able to assist in obtaining Social Security Disability benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA). If your family has lost a financial provider, surviving family members may be eligible for survivor benefits from the SSA.
Contact a qualified workers compensation law firm with 35 years experience, proven ability, integrity and dedication
If you have been injured or lost a loved one to an occupational illness or in a workplace accident, you may be entitled to receive payment through your employer's workers compensation policy. Call 617-245-0220 or contact the Law Firm of Jonathan D. Light, P.C. online to schedule your free initial consultation. The firm serves clients in Boston and throughout Massachusetts.